As the Province releases plans and guidelines about re-opening businesses and moving forward, I am sure that many of us have questions about the plans we are making at First Church and a timeline for reconvening in-person worship services.
The Church Board met this week and discussed the restrictions placed upon “Places of Worship” for Phase 1 of the Province’s plan. (If you would like to review these guidelines you can find them here https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-relaunch-guidance-places-of-worship.pdf)
At this time, we do not feel it would be feasible to begin gathering for in-person worship services. This decision is based on a number of factors including,
- the advice of our District leadership to postpone gathering at this time,
- the cleaning and distancing requirements would make gathering extremely difficult to facilitate,
- the restrictions on singing and communion make worship limited and less engaging.
So, for the foreseeable future, we will stay the course we have been on since March 15. Please take a moment to share this information with other members of the congregation as well. If you have questions or concerns about this please feel free to use the contact form located on the website.
Good morning everyone,
We hope that you have been finding the Video Content put out to be meeting your needs during this challenging time.
Please find below the Scripture Reading list for the next season ahead.
As stated in the previous update, we have made some changes to serve you better.
- We have created a mechanism for Online Giving, more information on the options available can be found on the “Giving Online” page.
- Pastor Jason Sedore has been busy creating content for us to view online and can be found under “Video Messages“. Please view that page for the most up to date video Sermons and Scripture Readings.
If you have any questions, please feel free to use the “Contact Us” form.
Good morning everyone,
Just a few pieces of information for all of our community members:
- Our current gatherings for worship have been suspended to ensure the safety and well-being of the congregation due to COVID-19.
- We are actively exploring options for remote tithing/giving and will report more very soon.
- A reminder that past sermons are available on the “Sermon List” page.
- We are preparing content for you to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your home. More information will follow shortly.
- Please find below the scripture readings normally printed in our bulletin.
As we explored the rich, deep, beautiful mystery of the Trinity together, I wanted to hold out some other voices to you that I have been hearing and benefiting from as I continue my own journey into the wondrous revelation of God. These two resources continue to draw me deeper into God’s goodness, nature, and purpose. I trust that these can open up windows of grace in your own relationship with God as you continue to seek after Him.
- Experiencing The Trinity- Darrell Johnston
- The Divine Dance- Richard Rohr